Territory Business Manager
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Please click a region below, select the position you are most interested in and click "Apply Here". It is not necessary to apply to multiple positions. If you are contacted by a recruiter they will inquire about your interest in other opportunities.
Use the navigation buttons or bar provided within the system only. Do not use your browser's BACK or FORWARD buttons. If you accidentally click those, log back in and resume the application. Your answers are saved as you complete each question.
For optimal user experience please use internet browsers Google Chrome, Firefox or iOS.
The Territory Business Manager (TBM) is responsible for the achievement of commercial objectives in the assigned territory in alignment with Xeris’ corporate goals. Reporting to the Regional Business Director (RBD), the TBM will participate in the development and execution of strategic and tactical territory and account level business plans in order to meet and exceed sales goals and business objectives. Travel requirements will vary by territory but will minimally be 20%.
Essential Job Functions
- Deliver on corporate objectives specific to territory.
- With RBD and internal business partner input, develop, evolve, and execute territory and account level business plans.
- Engage RBD with timely recommendations to eliminate or minimize barriers to progress specific to marketplace trends, business opportunities and threats, competitive information, etc.
- Leverage internal expertise to maximize field impact.
- Work with Regional Business Directors, Channel/Trade & Market Access Teams, and other TBM’s, to develop territory-specific strategies for managed care accounts and reimbursement clarity.
- Manage territory budget and resource allocations to maximize return on investment.
- Create a face to the internal and external customer that demonstrates Xeris’ commitment to bringing value and solutions to the customers and patients we serve.
- Collaborate with peers, marketing, and training personnel to share information and implement territory initiatives/strategies.
- Create, build, and maintain relationships and regular communications and sales efforts with physicians & other health care providers, and all others pertinent to Xeris’ business.
- Professionally and ethically represent Xeris to external customers (including but not limited to hospitals, IDNs, individual physicians and health care providers, and local diabetes chapters) and foster their respect by demonstrating our commitment to advancing patient care and outcomes.
- Professionally and ethically represent Xeris internally and foster professionalism within, among, and beyond the region.
- Take responsibility for ongoing professional development to maximize effectiveness in advancing Xeris’ objectives.
- Leverage internal training and development.
- Refine ability to navigate complex and multi-layered accounts within and beyond the hospital setting.
- Refine ability to effectively communicate and engage with customers while leveraging Xeris internal resources.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences, Business/Marketing, or related field; Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in bioscience commercial positions, including but not limited to: sales representative, hospital representative, sales trainer, marketing, and regional account manager.
- Recent experience in diabetes is highly desirable
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively communicate across teams as well as to internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-directed, logical, organized, and able to work with little direct supervision in order to meet organizational goals.
- Able to create and execute a thoughtful business plan adjusting when needed in order to meet organizational goals.
- Ability to identify and facilitate business risk/issue mitigation and resolution.
- Proficient in understanding key data and metrics and utilizing this information to improve business performance.
- Thrives in ambiguity and uncertainty; can adapt quickly in any situation and asks questions to increase depth of understanding.
Position may require periodic evening and weekend work, as necessary to fulfill obligations. Frequent travel up to 20% domestically.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.